A loving husband observe.
He was a British pharmacist who noticed his wife, who at the time was on Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor,MAOI **maybe she’s taking antidepression/Parkinson’s dx medication start to have severe headaches when eating cheese. For this reason, the crisis is still called the “cheese effect” or “cheese crisis”, though other foods can cause the same problem. (Source;Wikipedia).
Ahah! Now I know why my friend who is slightly hypertensive need to control her diet, not to take cheese, chocolate and caffeine. Cheese are considered food rich in tyramine. One of the thing I’ve learn today that tyramine indirectly cause effect of adrenergic agonist.
The sympathomimetic drugs – drug use like a stimulant mimic effect of sympathetic nervous system, condition you activate the ‘fight and flight respond’.
6 categories and ideas in what they do:
- Selective A1-adrenergic agonists – antihypotensive
- Selective A2-adrenergic agonists – hypertension and ADHD
- Selective B1-adrenergic agonists – treat congestive heart failure
- Selective B2-adrenergic agonists – asthma and COPD
- Mixed A & B agonists – severe hypotension
- Indirect acting
- Releasing agents
- Uptake inhibitor
- MOAI/COMT Inhibitors