It was an early weekend that I decided to do laundry. Letting the machine to do the cleaning, I wandered to the opposite building.
It is quite a while I haven’t seen the EXTRA LARGE cooking pot. The caterers are preparing for a thousand guests, it’s for a wedding.
The executive chef is on the right, he’s the recipe’s keeper, with the help of 5-6 young men. He is an experienced caterer for almost 26 years. He met all sort of people and had been working with the aged, middle-man and teenagers.
He shared the woes working with the youngsters and I had my ears open to listen. It was hurtful, very sad to hear he claimed it is the worst group age he had work with.
I would like to share his message about it:
- Wake up late in the afternoon, you lose time
- Hardly goes off with the phone, you lose attention
- You love easy money, don’t want to learn the hard way, you lose perseverance
- Easily give up, you lose chance
- Poor motivation, you lose life
‘I’ve got your point sir!!’ *in denial state XD
and meeting him is a wake-up call for me too.
Mind you, he offers me tasty food and treated me like his guest of honour. I’m blessed.